Burke & Associates Lawyers is a long established and highly regarded firm based in the busy inner Melbourne suburb of Armadale. The firm has a strong eputation for its commercial and property practice. We act for clients all over Australia and internationally providing strategic advice, and advising and assisting our professional individual and SME clients in business, commercial, corporate, intellectual property, contract, equity, finance, building and construction transactions and disputes.
In order to develop our growing and highly talented team of lawyers and support staff, we are seeking to recruit a full-time Commercial and Business Lawyer with between 4-6 years post admission experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Sale and purchase of business assets, shares or units;
- Due diligence, mergers and acquisitions;
- Commercial contract drafting, review and negotiation;
- Shareholders / Unitholders / Partnership / Franchise Agreements;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Risk mitigation and avoidance;
- Structuring: Companies, Discretionary and Unit Trusts;
- Commercial leasing;
- Advice to businesses, directors, executives and shareholders.
Experience in the medical and health industry, in property, in sports, in the USA or with such clients is highly regarded but not essential.
We believe the person who will best fit with our practice will:
- Have experience in mentoring more junior lawyers;
- Be admitted to practice and have between 4-6 years post admission experience;
- Be technologically savvy with great legal knowledge, good business nous and excellent client service;
- Have high level written and verbal communication skills;
- Be strategic and lateral in their thinking;
- Be a team player and keen to work with and be part of a dynamic team;
- Be willing to pursue an innovative approach to legal practice.
At Burke & Associates Lawyers, there is opportunity to grow, be part of a dynamic team, work in a friendly team environment and have offices in a great location along with a good work/life balance.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you are interested, email an expression of your interest including your CV to email@example.com.