Emma is bubbly, confident and has a faultless attention to process and detail and is an invaluable and respected team member for our firm and clients alike.
She commenced her legal career in 2016 and is currently the Property and VCAT Administration Paralegal.
Emma’s extensive experience includes:
- Running sale and purchase conveyancing files from start to finish, including drafting of sale documentation, and preparing Statement of Adjustments
- Sound knowledge of PEXA and SRO Duties Online.
- Assisting on small-medium scale development matters including settlements on PEXA projects.
- Preparing and lodging Applications by Legal Personal Representatives and Applications by Surviving Proprietor (property within a deceased estate).
- Preparing and lodging Transfer of Property including change in ownership/manner of holding.
- Assisting on Off-The-Plan Purchasers and Sale/Subdivision matters.
- Assisting with mortgage documentation including lodging and discharging.
- Assisting the firms Directors and Senior Solicitors with their daily tasks and needs in relation to property matters.
- Preparing formal letters and correspondence to be submitted to VCAT.
- Arranging costings and liaising with cost assessors.
- Preparing Administrators tax invoices.
- Liaising with Clients, Accountants, Bankers, Real Estate Agents, and other professionals.
- Collating financial documentation for preparation of tax returns and reviewing draft tax returns in anticipation of lodgement with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Preparing and submitting Accounts by Administrator to VCAT.
- Preparing memorandums for Hearings and reassessment of both Administration and Guardianship Orders.
- Attending to payment of ongoing expenditure of a Represented Person.
- Reviewing a Represented Persons income, expenditure, assets and liabilities to determine investment opportunities.
- Assisting the firms Directors and Senior Solicitors with their daily tasks and needs in relation to VCAT Administration and Guardianship matters.
When not at work, Emma enjoys spending time with her family, keeping fit and supporting the Collingwood Football Club. Go the pies!
Qualifications and Memberships
- Currently completing her Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing
- Bachelor of Legal and Dispute Studies (RMIT University)