Complying with the legal landscape in privacy and data protection has never been more important for business, particularly those in the professional services, and medical and healthcare industries. At Burke & Associates Lawyers, our expert team provide protection, risk assessment and mitigation and advice and assistance when things go wrong.
With data breaches increasing every day, particularly for small to medium business and those in professional services, medical and health, we advise and assist you to safeguard each piece of sensitive information you handle in your organisation.
We assist you to ensure information is only being collected, retained and used by your organisation for lawful purposes as well as advising you in plain language on your obligations and rights relating to privacy, data and health records, and best practice and protection in these areas.
How can we help you?
Assisting business with informed decision making about privacy, data and health records:
- Business risk identification and mitigation advice and strategy
- Best practice advice and implementation
- Regulatory compliance
- Reports or complaints to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Identifying eligible data breach
- Assessing suspected data breach
- Advice and assistance in a cyber attack or other data breach
- Requests or subpoenas relating to medical or health records
- Development of personal information collection, use, consent and disclosure forms
- Training sessions for your directors and / or employees
- Freedom of Information requests
- Ownership of information and data
- The Australian Privacy Principles