It is not easy (or cost effective) finding a lawyer who already understands your professional life and industry, the demands on you as a vet, your practice environment and your values.
Whether you are an employee or contracted vet for small or large animals, a zoo veterinarian, an equine health professional and / or an owner of a veterinary practice, we have the expertise to assist you in the many personal, professional and practice challenges you face.
Importantly, we also plan, prevent and manage with you to ensure success and growth in your profession and in business.
We work with our veterinary professionals and practice clients at all stages. Our focus is on supporting and building strong long term trusted advisory relationships, which our clients find ultimately more beneficial and rewarding than one-off transactional type engagements.
We understand that you are time poor. We understand that your profession is demanding. We tailor our legal services accordingly. We are available to advise you before, during or after your busy practice day.
Our advice is timely clear, succinct and in comprehensive terms. In instructing us, you have the peace of mind that professional fees are agreed at the outset, so there are no surprises.
Our firm is structured so that we manage legal projects and services with our clients in a way that delivers efficient, innovative and effective outcomes.
In addition to being there when things go wrong, we focus on prevention and best practice. We understand that it is hard to think about the future, but it’s worse if you haven’t. Having robust but straightforward agreements, processes, procedures and plans in place from the outset prevent disputes and unnecessary costs down the track.
Ask us about our support services which give you (and designated members of your team) the luxury of having a dental industry experienced lawyer immediately on hand to provide support as and when needed.
Ask us about our free practice visits and legal health-checks.
Our team are experienced and act in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia and, internationally, in the United States.
Our principal lawyer and head of our Medical & Health Professionals & Practices team, Meghan Warren is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner in addition to an Attorney at Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
Vet industry experience to assist and support professionals and practices in their many challenges
- Business and commercial (purchase, sale, structure, growth, strategy, due diligence, development, franchising, corporate, consumers, retail, ownership and contracts)
- Property and property development
- Leasing of land, goods or other property
- Employment and human resources
- Contractors and licensing arrangements
- Privacy, data, consents and health records
- Medical technology
- Intellectual property (advice, licensing, registration)
- Internal and external disputes (resolution and litigation)
- Conflict avoidance measures
- Debt recovery
- Succession and estate planning (wills, powers of attorney and advance care directives)
- Family law
- Building and construction (including disputes)
- Deceased estates
- Equity and trusts
- Practice reviews, management and compliance
- Policies, procedures and manuals
- Project management
- Risk mitigation and management strategies
- Strategic and business planning
- Eligibility and application for government grants