It is not easy (or cost effective) finding a lawyer who already understands your professional life and industry, the demands on you as a pharmacist, and your practice environment and values.
Whether you are a pharmacist and you may be an owner of a pharmacy, we have the expertise to assist you in the many personal, professional and practice challenges you face. Importantly, we also plan, prevent and manage with you to ensure success and growth in your profession and in business.
We work with our pharmacy professional and practice clients at all stages. Our focus is on supporting and building strong long term trusted advisory relationships which our clients find ultimately more beneficial and rewarding than one-off transactional engagements.
We understand that you are time poor. We understand that your profession is demanding. We tailor our legal services accordingly. We are available to advise you before, during or after your busy practice day.
Our advice is timely clear, succinct and in comprehensive terms. In instructing us, you have the peace of mind that professional fees are agreed at the outset, so there are no surprises.
Our firm is structured so that we manage legal projects and services with our clients in a way that delivers efficient, innovative and effective outcomes.
In addition to being there when things go wrong, we focus on prevention and best practice. We understand that it is hard to think about the future, but it’s worse if you haven’t. Having robust but straightforward agreements, processes, procedures and plans in place from the outset prevent disputes and unnecessary costs down the track.
Ask us about our support services which give you (and designated members of your team) the luxury of having a medical and health industry experienced lawyer immediately on hand to provide support as and when needed.
Ask us about our free pharmacy visits and legal health-checks.
Our team are experienced and act in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia and, internationally, in the United States.
Our principal lawyer and head of our Medical & Health Professionals & Practices team, Meghan Warren is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner in addition to an Attorney at Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
- Business and commercial (purchase, sale, structure, growth, due diligence, development, corporate, consumers, retail, pharmacy ownership and contracts)
- Property and property development
- Leasing of land, goods or other property
- Pharmacy Board (application, approval and compliance)
- Employment and HR
- Privacy, data, consents and health records
- Intellectual property (advice, licensing, registration)
- Internal and external disputes (resolution and litigation)
- Conflict avoidance measures
- Debt recovery
- Succession and estate planning (wills, powers of attorney and advance care directives)
- Voluntary assisted dying
- Family law
- Building and construction (including disputes)
- Deceased estates
- Equity and trusts
- Practice reviews, management and compliance
- Policies, procedures and manuals
- Project management
- Risk mitigation and management strategies
- Strategic and business planning
- Eligibility and application for government grants
- Compliance: Payroll tax, land tax, Medicare, PBS (including audits).