Medical Lawyers Melbourne
Our medical lawyers provide assistance and advice for doctors and health professionals. To find out how we can help you contact us today on +61 3 9822 8588.
What Is a Medical Lawyer?
A medical lawyer has the specific health and medical law experience to assist and support doctors, health professionals and practices in their many challenges that are unique to the medical and healthcare industries.
At Burke Lawyers our medical and health lawyers are qualified to assist registered health practitioners, doctors-in-training and overseas trained doctors in the professional, education and regulatory challenges they face throughout career whether practicing in Australia or internationally qualified. Importantly, our medical lawyers also plan, prevent, manage and formulate strategies together with our clients to ensure success and growth in their profession and in business.
Lawyers for Health Professionals
Our medical lawyers understand that your profession is demanding and that you are often time poor. We tailor our health and medical law services to meet your availability. Our medical lawyers are available to assist you before, during and after hours.
Our health and medical law advice is timely, clear, succinct and comprehensive. In instructing us, you have the peace of mind that professional fees are agreed at the outset, so there are no surprises. We offer time spent based fees, fixed fees and specifically tailored fee packages to meet your needs.
Our firm is structured so that we manage legal projects and services with our clients in a way that delivers efficient, innovative, and effective outcomes.
We understand that it is hard to think about the future, but it’s worse if you haven’t. In addition to being there if things go wrong, we focus on prevention and best practice. Having robust but straightforward advice, agreements, processes, procedures and plans in place from the outset prevent disputes and unnecessary costs down the track.
Our legal team are experienced and act in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia and, internationally, in the United States.
Our principal lawyer and head of our Medical & Health Professionals & Practices team, Meghan Warren is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner in addition to being an admitted Attorney at Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
To find out how we can help you contact us today on +61 3 9822 8588.
Our Health & Medical Law Experience
Contact our medical and health lawyers to find out how we can assist you on +61 3 9822 8588.
- Health practitioner disciplinary proceedings – Advice and representation
- Health practitioner registration advice
- AHPRA complaints, restrictions and disciplinary matters
- Clinical governance inquiries
- Tribunal hearings
- Coroner's Court representation
- Complaints to HCC (Health Complaints Commissioner)
- TGA advice and applications
- Privacy, data, consents and health records
- Pathology provider regulation
- Medical practice management
- Pharmacy Board advice, application and pharmacy regulation
- Professional training, education and specialist college advice and disputes (Australian and overseas qualified)
- COVID-19 advice and planning
- Subpoenas: Response and advice
- Conflict avoidance measures
- Complaint's handling
- Voluntary assisted dying
- Accreditation support, assistance, and advice
- Practice reviews, management and compliance
- Policies, procedures, and manuals
- Risk mitigation and management strategies
- Compliance: Medicare (including billing and audits).
For quality Medical Legal Advice, choose Burke Lawyers
Our medical lawyers provide assistance and advice for doctors and health professionals. If you’re looking for expert medical legal advice, contact us today on +61 3 9822 8588.