It's not easy (or cost effective) finding a lawyer who already understands your professional industry and the layers of heavy regulation that applies to it.
We have the expertise to assist registered health practitioners, doctors in training and overseas trained doctors in the many professional, education and regulatory challenges they face at all stages of their career whether practicing in Australia or internationally qualified. Importantly, we also plan, prevent, manage and formulate strategy together with our clients to ensure success and growth in their profession and in business.
Our focus is supporting and building strong long term trusted advisory relationships which our clients find ultimately more beneficial, rewarding and successful in achieving their goals when compared to one-off transactional engagements.
We understand that you are time poor. We understand that your profession is demanding. We tailor our legal services accordingly. We are available to advise you before, during or after your busy day.
Our advice is timely, clear, succinct and in comprehensive terms. In instructing us, you have the peace of mind that professional fees are agreed at the outset, so there are no surprises. We offer time spent based fees, fixed fees and specifically tailored fee packages to suit your needs.
Our firm is structured so that we manage legal projects and services with our clients in a way that delivers efficient, innovative and effective outcomes.
In addition to being there when things go wrong, we focus on prevention and best practice. We understand that it is hard to think about the future, but it’s worse if you haven’t. Having robust but straightforward advice, agreements, processes, procedures and plans in place from the outset prevent disputes and unnecessary costs down the track.
Our team are experienced and act in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia and, internationally, in the United States.
Our principal lawyer and head of our Medical & Health Professionals & Practices team, Meghan Warren is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner in addition to being an admitted Attorney at Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
How can we help you?
Health and medical law experience to assist and support health professionals and practices in their many challenges:
- Health practitioner disciplinary proceedings – Advice and representation
- Health practitioner registration advice
- AHPRA complaints, restrictions and disciplinary matters
- Clinical governance inquiries
- Tribunal hearings
- Coroner's Court representation
- Complaints to HCC (Health Complaints Commissioner)
- TGA advice and applications
- Privacy, data, consents and health records
- Pathology provider regulation
- Medical practice management
- Pharmacy Board advice, application and pharmacy regulation
- Professional training, education and specialist college advice and disputes (Australian and overseas qualified)
- COVID-19 advice and planning
- Subpoenas: Response and advice
- Conflict avoidance measures
- Complaints handling
- Voluntary assisted dying
- Accreditation support, assistance and advice
- Practice reviews, management and compliance
- Policies, procedures and manuals
- Risk mitigation and management strategies
- Compliance: Medicare (including billing and audits).