We have decades of experience handling building and construction disputes, from residential properties and owner-builder issues to multi-story apartments.
With the growing rise in commercial, industrial, and residential infrastructure, the chance of a dispute arising have increased at an alarming rate in the last decade. Paired with this are the complications of ever-increasing competitive pressure and navigating changing regulation. This is where we come in.
We assist our clients to resolve dispute whether via the courts, tribunals, or other alternative means. Given the extensive range of trades and professional services involved in the construction or renovation of a building, it is common that multiple parties are involved in a dispute, adding to the complexity and length of the dispute. Our team is highly experienced in such multi-party disputes and can assist to demystify and get to your end goal in the most cost effective and efficient way possible.
A dispute can negatively affect your time, finances, energy, business, well-being, and personal and day-to-day life. We are highly experienced in alternative methods of resolving a dispute including settlement conferences, mediation and arbitration, and in formulating risk mitigation strategies with a view to avoiding disputes altogether.
Where litigation simply cannot be avoided, our team are strong and experienced litigators in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, and High Court of Australia, as well as internationally, including in the United States. You want us in your corner!
We do the worrying for you and aim to achieve the best possible outcome to enable you to get on with your life without being involved in protracted dispute.
Dispute resolution experience in building and construction
- Advice and disputes in residential, commercial and industrial building, construction, renovations, and related finance
- Payment, variation, delay, and damages claims
- Insurance claims
- Building and occupancy permits
- Building inspections
- Conflict (including litigation) avoidance measures
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Dispute strategy and planning
- Evidence gathering
- Discovery assistance
- Alternative dispute resolution (including mediation, settlement conferences and negotiation)
- Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV), Victorian Building Authority (VBA), Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), and Court representation
- Advice about legal action and remedies open to you