We assist construction stakeholders navigate the unique challenges the building industry presents including all property, commercial, dispute resolution, and employee matters.
Our construction law team are experts at dealing with the intricacies of the construction industry. Whether advising builders, sub-contractors or tradespeople, property developers, consultants or property owners, we have a pro-active approach and have the industry know-how to ensure that outcomes are achieved.
Our team keeps our construction clients covered not only from a legal standpoint but from a practical standpoint, bringing years of experience in the industry. This experience helps us identify issues and work with you to ensure construction commences without delay, that the site stays open, or that a property development stays on track, so our clients can meet their deadlines.
We provide holistic advice to our construction clients across all areas that affect their operations. This includes all commercial, property, and compliance matters.
Construction experience to help site owners, property developers, builders, contractors, and tradespeople
- New building contracts, contract advice, negotiation, and termination
- Disputes, litigation, and dispute resolution including contract disputes, defects disputes, and more
- Show cause notices
- Terms of trade and credit arrangements
- Builder, contractor, sub-contractor, and employee agreements
- Security of Payment Act claims
We are also highly experienced in alternative dispute resolution and risk mitigation strategies, including in settlement conferences, mediation, and arbitration, whether it be for a contractual dispute, for defects in the building, or a claim pursuant to the Security of Payment Act.
Our Construction Team are also experienced litigators in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia, and internationally, in the United States of America.
- Licenses, permits, and insurance
- Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) insurance claims
- Land acquisition and disposal of real estate
- Project finance advice
- Business structuring
- Business and personal succession planning