It is not easy (or cost- effective) to find a lawyer who already understands your professional life and industry, the demands on you as an allied health practitioner, and your practice environment and values.
Whether you are a chiropractor, physiotherapist, dietician, naturopath, exercise physiologist, podiatrist, or an osteopath, we have the expertise to assist you in the many personal and practice challenges you face, and also in the proactive support, prevention, management, and growth of your profession and business.
We work with our health professional and practice clients at all stages. Our focus is on supporting and building strong, long- term trusted advisory relationships, which our clients find ultimately more beneficial and rewarding than a one-off transactional engagement.
We understand that you are time-poor. We tailor our legal services accordingly. We are available to advise you before, during, or after your busy practice day.
Our advice is timely, clear, succinct, and in comprehensive terms. In instructing us, you have the peace of mind that professional fees are agreed at the outset, so there are no surprises.
In addition to being there when things go wrong, we focus on prevention and best practice. We understand that it is hard to think about the future, but it’s worse if you haven’t. Having agreements, processes, procedures, and plans in place from the outset prevents disputes and unnecessary costs down the track.
Ask us about our practice support services whichthat give you (and designated members of your team) the luxury of having a medical and health industry experienced lawyer immediately on hand to provide support as needed.
Inquire about our free practice visits and legal health-checks.
Our team are experienced in all Australian state jurisdictions, the Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia, and, internationally, in the United States of America.
Our principal lawyer and head of our Medical and Health Professionals & Practices Team, Meghan Warren, is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner in addition to an Attorney at Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
How can we help you?
Health profession and practice experience to assist and support in their many challenges
- Business and commercial (purchase, sale, structure, growth, due diligence, development, corporate, consumers, and contracts)
- Property and property development
- Employment and HR
- Privacy, data, and health records
- Intellectual property
- Internal and external disputes (resolution and litigation)
- Conflict avoidance measures
- Debt recovery
- Estate planning (wills, powers of attorney, and advance care directives)
- Voluntary assisted dying
- Family law
- Building and construction (including disputes)
- Deceased estates
- Equity and trusts
- Practice reviews, management and compliance
- Project management
- Risk mitigation and management strategies
- Strategic and business planning
- Eligibility for government grants
- Compliance: Payroll tax, land tax, private health (including audits)