LIV Accredited Specialist in Property Law
Kristy is an Accredited Specialist in Property Law with niche industry expertise in development, childcare, and healthcare property law. An accredited specialisation is hard-earned and acknowledges impressive knowledge, outstanding skills and exemplary client service.
Kristy analyses legal issues from all angles to find solutions that match client goals, values, and vision. She has first-hand experience in small business ownership, so she understands the .
Her ability to understand and anticipate commercial and business legal issues sets her apart from other lawyers. These skills enable her to provide truly holistic legal services. Kristy is a lawyer of choice for business and property legal issues, with many clients describing her as:
Kristy's broad expertise demonstrates her enthusiasm for client projects and the consistent delivery of outstanding legal services.
She is skilled in many areas, including:
After starting her Burke career as a trainee legal secretary, Kristy immediately made her mark as a hard-working staff member with a genuine curiosity about the law. She soon enrolled in a law degree and studied through her holidays to fast-track her way to graduation. This drive and tenacity have become hallmarks of Kristy's approach to her career, later becoming a Burke Director in 2014 and earning her Accredited Specialisation in 2021.
Kristy also volunteers for the LIV's Property and Commercial Tenancy Law Committee to help others achieve Specialisation in Property Law. She loves spending time with her family and beautiful pup Millie, as well as caravan adventures, overseas travel, and cooking.
Find out more about Kristy
Find out more about Kristy
Some of Kristy's career highlights include:
- 2021 finalist for the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year – Real Estate Award
- Achieving LIV Accredited Specialisation in Property Law during the COVID-19 lockdowns
- Completing 97 lot subdivision and settlements during the first Melbourne COVID-19 lockdown
- Negotiating a sales contract for $73 million
- Obtaining a vesting order for title by possession (adverse possession) for a redundant laneway.
- Completing mixed-use development subdivision and settlements for 283 lots in one stage.
Kristy's other property and development law experience includes:
- Sales and subdivisions including the sale of development sites and novating off-the-plan pre-sales
- Duty and land tax advice
- Banking and finance matters including solicitor certificates, private lending and certifying off-the-plan pre-sales to meet qualifying pre-sales criteria for construction financiers
- Banking and private lending advice including preparing and advising on finance arrangements, mortgages, caveats and other security interests and ancillary matters
- Structure advice, Development Agreements and Joint Ventures
- Agreements for lease
- Complex stamp duty exemption and concession applications and duty advice
- Boundary and protection works disputes
- Owners corporation matters
- Land use agreements (section 173 agreements)
- Co-ownership agreements
- Commercial drafting and agreements, including consultancy and agency agreements
- Building Appeals Board disputes
- Water Act matters
Kristy is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Kristy’s current professional memberships include:
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Property and Commercial Tenancy Law Committee member, Law Institute of Victoria