Property lawyer with a focus on property development, including child care development and healthcare property.
Kristy is a property lawyer and sets herself apart by providing holistic advice, predominantly in the property development industry.
With her wealth of knowledge and passion for the law, Kristy oozes enthusiasm and treats her clients as if they are the only client. She has a drive for excellence and ensuring that she assists her clients in meeting their values and goals.
She works with project managers, architects, accountants, surveyors, financiers and professionals alike to achieve the best outcomes for her clients.
Specifically, Kristy is skilled to advise in:
- Multiple lot residential, commercial and mixed-use property development
- Child care developments (including advice and implementation of structure, use of property, subdivision, development and agreements for lease)
- Healthcare property development (including advice and implementation of structure, use of property, subdivision, development and agreements for lease)
- Not-in-common ownership (NICO) developments
- Subdivisions and consolidation
- Pre and post acquisition due diligence and, more specifically, for acquisition of development sites
- Acquisitions of properties including advising, negotiating, contract drafting, conveyancing
- Sales of properties and conveyancing
- Sale of development sites and novating/assigning off the plan pre-sales
- Off the plan contracts and volume conveyancing
- Certifying pre-sales meeting qualifying pre-sales criteria for construction financiers
- Structure advice, development agreements, joint ventures
- Partition Agreements
- Stamp duty exemption applications
- Commercial and retail leasing, including Agreements for Lease in relation to development sites
- Dispute resolution
- Adverse possession and boundary disputes
- Owners corporation matters including special rules of the owners corporation
- Land use agreements (section 173 agreements)
- Proprietors' (co-ownership) agreements
- Commercial drafting and agreements including consultancy and agency agreements
Kristy understands property development. Her clients are located predominantly in and around Melbourne. She provides an individualised service to allow her to understand her client, their business and their priorities and values in order to achieve the best outcome and align with her clients’ expectations.
She is collaborative, practical, commercial and pro-active in her approach and prides herself on providing quality and timely advice.
With her wealth of experience in property law together with the skills that come with running a law practice, Kristy is adept to face any property law challenge.
Outside of the law, Kristy enjoys travelling, cooking and spending time with her young family.
Kristy has extensive experience in property law, with a particular focus on:
- assisting property developers with all aspects of subdivision, property development, off-the-plan sales and all other matters that arise in the course of property development including consultancy agreements, owners corporation matters, property disputes, finance and other matters
- assisting medical and allied health professionals with disposals of land and land acquisitions (leased and owner-occupied) including planning and property due diligence;
- commercial leasing;
- adverse possession claims.
Kristy has been involved in some key property development projects including:
- residential developments ranging from 2 lots to 96 lot subdivisions
- mixed-use developments ranging up to 283 lots in one stage and in the thousands for a staged subdivision
- various not in common ownership subdivisions (NICO)
- negotiating and drafting agreements for lease on numerous child care developments
- multiple acquisitions and disposals of property involving medical and allied health practices and including pre-acquisition due diligence
She has also acted for various parties who have been successful in obtaining a Title by adverse possession including in relation to a redundant laneway/road and possessory land encroaching an adjacent property.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Certificate IV in Business (Legal Services)
- Graduate Company Directors’ Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Southern Solicitors Law Association
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria