Kristy is a property and development lawyer and sets herself apart by providing holistic advice in relation to pre-development planning and property due diligence, on issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of running a property development and dealing with post-development matters that commonly arise.
With her wealth of knowledge and passion for the law, Kristy oozes enthusiasm and treats her clients as if they are the only client. She has a drive for excellence and ensuring that she assists her clients in meeting their values and goals.
She works with project managers, architects, accountants, surveyors, financiers and professionals alike to achieve the best outcomes for her clients.
Specifically, Kristy is skilled to advise in:
- Property Development including multiple lot residential, commercial, mixed-use and not-in-common ownership (NICO) developments and subdivisions;
- Commercial and retail leasing, including Agreements for Lease in relation to development sites;
- Land acquisitions and disposals (with a particular interest in development sites and sites for medical and allied health professionals);
- Property Disputes including contract disputes, leasing disputes and adverse possession claims; and
- Commercial drafting including consultancy and agency agreements, owners corporation rules, Section 173 Agreements and Partition Agreements.
Kristy provides an individualised service to allow her to understand her client and their priorities and values in order to achieve the best outcome and align with her clients’ expectations.
She is collaborative, practical and pro-active in her approach and prides herself on providing quality and timely advice.
With her wealth of experience in property law together with the skills that come with running a law practice, Kristy is adept to face any property law challenge.
Outside of the law, Kristy enjoys travelling and spending time with her young family.
Kristy has extensive experience in property law, with a particular focus on:
- assisting property developers with all aspects of subdivision, property development, off-the-plan sales and all other matters that arise in the course of property development including consultancy agreements, owners corporation matters, property disputes, finance and other matters
- assisting medical and allied health professionals with disposals of land and land acquisitions (leased and owner-occupied) including planning and property due diligence;
- commercial leasing;
- adverse possession claims.
Kristy has also acted for various parties who have been successful in obtaining a Title by adverse possession including in relation to a redundant laneway/road and possessory land encroaching an adjacent property.
Some highlights of Kristy’s career include successfully completing:
- residential developments ranging from 2 lots to 96 lot subdivisions;
- mixed-use and commercial developments ranging from 13 lots to 283 lot subdivision;
- various not in common ownership subdivisions (NICO); and
- plans of consolidation.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Certificate IV in Business (Legal Services)
- Graduate Company Directors’ Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Property Law Group, Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Southern Solicitors Law Association
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria