Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Rosy was admitted to practice as a lawyer in Victoria in 2016 after having completed a Bachelor of Laws graduating with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology at Deakin University. Rosy is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is the Young Lawyer Representative for the Southern Solicitors Law Association.
She practices predominately in the areas of Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Family Law and VCAT Administration.
Specifically, Rosy is skilled to advise in:
- Commercial, property, retail leasing, building and estate disputes (litigation, arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution)
- Family law
- Guardianship and VCAT appointed administration
Utilising excellent soft skills and an assertive protective approach, Rosy maintains close working relationships with her clients, referrers and networks. Rosy takes a holistic and strategic approach to matters and provides pragmatic advice to her clients.
Rosy has previously volunteered for the Springvale Monash Legal Service and is currently representing the cohort of young lawyers in the Southern region of Melbourne in her role as the Young Lawyer Representative for the Southern Solicitors Law Association. As part of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Regional and Suburban Young Lawyers Committee, Rosy’s role includes providing support for young practitioners in Southern region of Melbourne, fostering mentoring and networking opportunities.
Outside of the law, Rosy enjoys snowboarding in the winter months, travelling and spending time with family and friends.
Rosy is an experienced litigator in all Victorian jurisdictions, as well as in the Federal Court and High Court of Australia. Her approach to litigation is outcome focused, working with her clients to find solutions whether that be as a plaintiff or defendant in a litigated matter and to engage with clients to achieve commercial outcome.
Rosy was successfully involved in the leading case for retail leasing in Victoria – IMCC Group (Australia) Pty Ltd v CB Cold Storage Pty Ltd  VSCA 178. This case confirmed that the “ultimate consumer” test is part of the test of whether a premises is a retail premises under the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic).
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology (Deakin University)
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal Court
- Graduate The Australian Institute of Company Directors - Company Directors’ Course
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (Courts Practice Committee of the Litigation Section and Young Lawyer Representative for the Southern Solicitors Law Association)
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Southern Solicitors Law Association
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors