Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Rosy is a Principal lawyer at the firm and practices predominately in the areas of Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution and VCAT Administration.
Rosy was admitted to practice as a lawyer in Victoria in 2016 after having completed a Bachelor of Laws graduating with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology at Deakin University. Rosy is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is the Young Lawyer Representative for the Southern Solicitors Law Association.
Specifically, Rosy is skilled to advise in:
- Commercial, property, retail leasing, building and estate disputes (litigation, arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution)
- Guardianship and VCAT appointed administration
Utilising excellent soft skills and an assertive protective approach, Rosy maintains close working relationships with her clients, referrers and networks. Rosy takes a holistic and strategic approach to matters and provides pragmatic advice to her clients.
Rosy has previously volunteered for the Springvale Monash Legal Service and is currently representing the cohort of young lawyers both in the suburban areas of Melbourne in her role as the Suburban Young Lawyers Representative of the Law Institute of Victoria and in the southern region of Melbourne in her role as the Young Lawyer Representative for the Southern Solicitors Law Association. As part of the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Law Institute of Victoria, Rosy’s role includes providing support for young practitioners in the suburban areas of Melbourne, fostering mentoring and networking opportunities.
Outside of the law, Rosy enjoys snowboarding in the winter months, travelling and spending time with family and friends.
Rosy is an experienced litigator in all Victorian jurisdictions, as well as in the Federal Court and High Court of Australia. Her approach to litigation is outcome focused, working with her clients to find solutions whether that be as a plaintiff or defendant in a litigated matter and to engage with clients to achieve commercial outcome.
Rosy was successfully involved in the leading case for retail leasing in Victoria – IMCC Group (Australia) Pty Ltd v CB Cold Storage Pty Ltd  VSCA 178. This case confirmed that the “ultimate consumer” test is part of the test of whether a premises is a retail premises under the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic).
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology (Deakin University)
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal Court
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors - Company Directors’ Course
- Courts Practice Committee of the Litigation Section of the LIV
- Suburban Young Lawyers Representative of the Young Lawyers Section of the LIV
- Young Lawyer Representative of the Southern Solicitors Law Association
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors