Connect with Us

Agile. Innovative.
Empowered Choices

Family Law

Overseas Travel

Help where one parent wants to take a child or children overseas.

A parent may need the other parent’s consent to take or send their child overseas or may want to stop the travel from occurring.

If you intend to travel outside of Australia with the child/ren, there are a number of things you must consider including, specific travel plans, passports for the children, the time the child/ren will be out of the country, if the time spent will be conflicted with time spent with the other parent and importantly, that you might require the other parent’s consent.

Alternatively, you simply may not agree to the other parent taking the child/ren out of the country.

We can advise you on both the considerations necessary prior to arranging travel with the child/ren and also your available options and legal rights if you disagree with the travel arrangements for the child/ren.

How can we help you?

  • Negotiating with the other party
  • Advising on options available
  • Advice regarding applying for passport and parental consent
  • Preparing Consent Orders
  • Preparing your case for court if agreement cannot be reached

Our Overseas Travel Lawyers

Rosy Roberts


Rosy Roberts

Rosy has extensive experience in Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution having represented clients in all Victorian State Courts, the Family Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia. She is also a VCAT appointed...

Margaret Girardi

Senior Associate

Margaret Girardi

Senior Associate
Margaret is a Senior Associate at the firm and practices predominantly in the area of family law.

Shabitha Sumanathasa

Shabitha works in various other areas including litigation, family law and property law.
Talk to a Overseas Travel lawyer with
a free 15-minute consultation