Connect with Us

Agile. Innovative.
Empowered Choices

Family Law


Help where one parent wants to move away with children from the other parent.

The law regarding relocation of children is complex, and the outcome of any dispute regarding relocation will largely depend on each family’s own set of distinct circumstances.

If one parent wishes to relocate to another city, state or country, the consent of the other parent is required.

Our Family Law team is experienced in both negotiation or mediation where the other parent does not provide consent. If consent is unable to be achieved, an application to the Family Court of Australia is required and we can assist in all aspects of this application.

The Family Court of Australia will make orders regarding any possible relocation that are considered to be in the best interests of the children.

How can we help you?

  • Negotiating with the other party
  • Advising on options available
  • Preparing Consent Orders
  • Preparing your case for court if agreement cannot be reached

Our Relocation Lawyers

Rosy Roberts


Rosy Roberts

Rosy has extensive experience in Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution having represented clients in all Victorian State Courts, the Family Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia. She is also a VCAT appointed...

Margaret Girardi

Senior Associate

Margaret Girardi

Senior Associate
Margaret is a Senior Associate at the firm and practices predominantly in the area of family law.

Shabitha Sumanathasa

Shabitha works in various other areas including litigation, family law and property law.
Talk to a Relocation lawyer with
a free 15-minute consultation