Commercial, banking and finance lawyer, admitted to practice in Australia.
Elizabeth graduated from the University of London in 1996 with a second-class upper division and was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court in Malaysia in October 1998. She was later admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia in May 2015.
During her years of practice in Malaysia Elizabeth advised and assisted multinational companies in global corporate restructuring, established investments in Malaysia, cross border transactions, mergers and acquisitions and advised local companies on corporate exercises, joint ventures and shareholders agreements.
Elizabeth has continued her practice in Australia in the commercial area where she specialises on business and shares disposal and acquisition, joint venture, partnership agreement, franchise, trust documentation, shareholders and unitholders agreement, corporate governance, project financing, whitewash procedures, corporate restructuring, commercial leasing and winery supply agreement.
Specifically, Elizabeth is skilled to advise in:
- commercial and business law including contracts, business acquisitions and disposals (development, growth, sale, purchase, partnerships), strategic development, due diligence, shares and units acquisitions and disposals, shareholders and unitholders agreement, joint venture, subscription agreement, convertible notes loan deed, supply agreement, services agreement, consultancy agreement, software licensing agreement, talent agreement and winery supply agreement.
- corporate including compliance with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), corporate governance, share buy-back, financial assistance and whitewash procedures.
- restructuring, asset protection and business succession.
- loan and security documents , acting for the private lenders (both senior and junior lenders in relation to senior and mezzanine facilities) in areas of due diligence, pre-sales audit, sign off report, final certification, intercreditor or priority deeds, PPSR registration and discharges and assignment of securities.
- construction contracts, design and construct and construction funding including tripartite agreements and step in deeds.
- trust structures including discretionary, fixed and unit trust deeds, deeds of variation and deeds of appointment of trustees or appointors.
- company start up, incorporation of association, not for profit and charitable organisation.
- franchising, commercial leasing and licensing.
Elizabeth is an expert in minimising legal contractual and project management risks. Her approach with her clients is collaborative and engaging to ensure she comprehensively understands their commercial goals and challenges to enable her to develop the best strategic legal solutions. She enjoys simplifying the legal process for her clients whether their situation is straight forward or more complex.
Outside of the office, Elizabeth enjoys being the referee for the EDJBA’s (Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association) matches.
Elizabeth’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Laws, University of London (External Studies)
- Certificate in Legal Practice, University of Malaya
- Accreditation of overseas qualifications (academic), Deakin University
- GDLP (practical), University of Adelaide & Law Society
- Business and Corporate Law Committee at the Law Institute of Victoria