Luke practices in Wills and Estates because he firmly believes in the importance of ensuring your loved ones are taken care of after you pass away. The death of a family member is never easy, but it is especially difficult without appropriate guidance on how to deal with the legal side of things.
Luke’s skills and standards shown in our practice are excellent, while being compassionate and understanding. He will always work as hard as possible to ensure you and your loved ones are prepared for the worst whilst striving for the best.
Areas of Expertise
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Contested Wills and Estate disputes (Testator Family Maintenance, or TFM, claims) acting for either Executors or beneficiaries
- Disputes with or between Executors
- Application of the forfeiture rule where a beneficiary unlawfully kills the deceased
Wills and Estates
- Advising clients in relation to Estate Planning, including complex arrangements involving private companies, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds
- Drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney and other estate planning documents, including testamentary trusts
- Advising clients in relation to grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- Preparing applications for grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- Assisting Executors with all facets of the process of Estate administration
Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Victoria – 14 March 2017
- High Court of Australia – 20 March 2017
Some More About Luke
Luke is a strong supporter of the Scout Association and was a youth member for over 20 years. Through the Scout Association he was also involved in youth theatre with Whitehorse Showtime for over 20 years, starting as a member of the cast and progressing to eventually become the Producer of the show overseeing all aspects of the production, hundreds of other volunteers, and a yearly budget of over $100,000.
Luke is also a keen member of the Victorian Greens and has worked as a volunteer in relation to previous State and Federal elections.
- Acting for a de facto partner in a TFM claim under an old Will that left everything to the estranged wife of the deceased. The matter was able to be successfully resolved to the client's satisfaction after the matter was referred to a lengthy mediation.
- Acting for the Executors defending against a TFM claim under a will that entirely excluded some of the children of the deceased. The matter was able to be successfully resolved after the matter was referred to a mediation.
- Acting for a child in a TFM claim where the child had been entirely excluded from the Will due to estrangement, caused as a result of domestic violence against the child by the deceased. The matter was able to be successfully resolved to the client’s satisfaction through negotiation.
- Acting for an Executor in circumstances where the primary beneficiary of the Estate was accused of unlawfully killing the deceased and may forfeit their inheritance as a consequence, including the provision of detailed advice in complex circumstances.
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy), Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Leo Cussen Centre for Law
- Supreme Court of Victoria
- High Court of Australia
- Member of the LIV Elder Law Committee