We assist philanthropists, charities, and non-profit organisations to successfully navigate the maze of regulation they are now subject to. We do this with ease and excellence so that our clients achieve their higher purpose and mission, and deliver for their beneficiaries.
We have the expertise to assist our charitable and non-profit individuals and organisations in the many challenges they face in achieving their goals. We plan, prevent, and manage with them to ensure success and delivery on their purpose: the ‘why’ of their existence.
We understand the importance of having advisors who can assist in making important decisions from philanthropy to fundraising to operations in the charitable space, as well as navigating complex and increasing regulation. We are committed to achieving positive legal solutions for our clients and their higher purpose goals. We operate in a straightforward, creative, and cost-effective manner (with discounts on our professional fees for all charitable individuals and organisations).
Our lawyers are experienced in advising small to medium-sized organisations and individuals with purposes that include health promotion (in cancer treatment and juvenile terminal illness), social enterprise, overseas aid (Sumba Foundation Australia and SurfAid), advancing indigenous culture (in Australia and internationally) (IEF – Indigenous Education Foundation), advancing education, alleviating poverty, and advancing health (SandPiper Australia).
Principal lawyer and head of our Charity and Non-Profits team, Meghan Warren, is admitted to practice as an Australian legal practitioner and as an Attorney-at-Law to the New York State Bar in the United States.
How can we help you?
Assisting individuals and organisations with their charitable and non-profit purpose in:
- Good governance review and recommendations
- Establishment of a charity or non-profit organisations
- Review, structure, and restructure of organisations
- Constitutions, trust deeds, and other governing rules
- Application for Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
- Application for tax concessions and exemptions
- Application to the Australian Charities and Non-Profits Commission (ACNC)
- Organisational and mission growth, improvement, review, and development
- Organisational planning and strategy
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOU)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence
- Trusts, institutional, and fund advice
- Employment agreements
- Volunteer agreements
- Insurance advice
- Licensing and leasing
- Advice to directors and members
- Dispute resolution