We are delighted to share that Meghan Warren has been nominated for a position on the Law Institute of Victoria’s (LIV) Council.
Vote 1 here for Meghan Warren for LIV Council
Voting closes Wednesday 11 November, 5pm
Continuing to drive and deliver value to our members!
10 Good Reasons to Vote for Meghan Warren
- 1. Meghan has been on Council for 3 years and has already made significant headway in good governance, strategy, vision and delivering value to LIV members.
- 2. The median age of lawyers in Victoria is 30 – 34 years. Meghan is 38.
- 3. Meghan is passionate about and has a long career ahead of her in the law.
- 4. Meghan is an active member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Southern Solicitors Law Association, the Australian Association of Practice Management, the Australian Institute of Company Directors (and Graduate of the Company Director’s Course), the American Bar Association and the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
- 5. Meghan has large and small firm experience, close to 15 years of continuous practice in Victoria and with the majority of those years as a firm principal.
- 6. Meghan is admitted to practice law in Australia, and as an Attorney-at-Law to the New York State Bar in the US. In addition to a Bachelor of Laws, she holds a Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning).
- 7. Meghan has practised in the southern suburbs of outer Melbourne for close to a decade.
- 8. Meghan’s practice focus is commercially in advice, transactions and disputes. She has a wealth of experience in assisting clients in the medical, health and life sciences with compliance. All of which complements her understanding of issues facing small to medium legal practices, legal practice structures, governance and management, which can continue to be of great value to the LIV’s members and the LIV Council.
- 9. Meghan mentors many younger lawyers, aspiring lawyers, paralegals and law students.
- 10. Meghan has a wide range of charity and not-for-profit governance experience.