We help navigate the challenges and issues faced by property developers in constructing purpose-built childcare facilities and childcare organisations in their business or franchise, in such a heavily regulated industry.
Our team assists property developers in all stages of the development from land acquisition, undertaking planning due diligence for the use, development and construction of a purpose-built childcare facility, developing the land (including subdivision, where applicable), leasing prior or post completion of the project and all ancillary matters. We ensure that all regulations and legislative requirements are met.
We understand that property developers are time poor and require quick and timely advice to ensure their projects are not delayed. We are readily available to assist with your enquiries and to provide advice.
Our team also assists childcare organisations and family day care operators in navigating and understanding the wide range of regulatory and legislative requirements to establish a new childcare business, purchase an existing childcare business or franchise.
We act in a wide range of planning, property, commercial, dispute and litigation matters in the childcare industry and our experienced lawyers work together to provide the necessary expertise and skill required.
How can we help you?
Child Care experience to help property developers and child care operators
- Planning advice for land use, development and construction of child care facility – proposals, acquisitions and disposals
- Representation in the planning permit process
- Planning appeals at VCAT
- Approvals advice under the national and state Childcare Laws
- Land Use Agreements pursuant to Section 173 of the Planning & Environment Act (Vic) 1987
- Land acquisitions and sales
- Commercial leasing
- Agreements for Lease for purpose-built childcare facility, where construction is no yet complete
- Business succession
- Applications for internal reviews of decisions of regulatory authorities
- Applications for external reviews (Administrative Appeals Tribunal) of decisions of regulatory authorities
- Business acquisitions, sales and structuring
- Franchise Agreements
- Restraint of Trade Disputes
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation