ACCREDITED BUSINESS LAW SPECIALIST
Here are just some of Tony’s achievements from his decades-long experience of practising law:
- In 2008, Tony represented Victorian lawyers at State, National, and International legal forums as President of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) – the peak body for lawyers in Victoria
- He was a long serving member and Chair of the LIV’s Business Law Committee and remains involved in LIV Committee work. He has published in LIV Journals and in 2010 won the LIV’s award for legal writing.
- Tony has acted as the inaugural Chair of the Law Council of Australia’s new SMTony was the inaugural Chair of the Law Council of Australia’s SME Business Law Committee, representing Australian lawyers in dealing with the Commonwealth Government regarding legal issues relevant to SMEs. In that capacity he was called upon to give expert evidence to a Senate inquiry.
- Tony has also been appointed by VCAT as an independent personal financial administrator on many occasions. He is currently administrator of an estate in excess of $100M with assets in Australia and overseas.
Tony's Practice Focus:
- Business and commercial law
- Dispute resolution
- Commercially-savvy negotiation
- VCAT Administration
Outside the practice Tony is a keen amateur athlete. He has three times qualified as part of the Australian team at World Triathlon Championships in New Zealand (2003), Switzerland (2006) and Canada (2014). In late June 2013 Tony attempted to swim the English Channel but in unseasonably cold conditions withdrew after 6 hours in 12-degree water.
Another attempt may be on the agenda, but that might test his negotiation skills.
Meanwhile he participates in cycling and open-water swimming all year round and has recently taken up African drumming.
- Bachelor of Law (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (La Trobe University)
- Graduate Diploma in Management, Business Administration and Management (University of New England)
- LIV Accredited Specialist in Business Law