Senior Commercial Litigator and Commercial Lawyer.
With a passion for dispute resolution Helen can advise on a range of commercial issues including banking and finance disputes, insolvency issues, insurance disputes and disputes arising out of leases, trust deeds and other commercial agreements, joint ventures and partnerships and general contracts.
In the area of Commercial law Helen can assist and provide advice on:
- Business set up with advice for business structures such as partnerships, discretionary trusts and unit trusts, leases, business, and company registration. This role also includes advising on and registration of intellectual property such as trademarks.
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in sales and purchases of business and lessors in relation to leases, renewal and assignments of lease.
- Preparation of trust deeds, variations, transfers of trust property to beneficiaries and vesting including dealing with stamp duty issues and unitholders agreements.
- Advice in relation to general commercial contracts including supply of equipment, supply of goods, sponsorship agreements and supply of services, including advising and dealing with breaches of same.
- Advising employers in relation to employee related issues such as termination and breaches of terms of employment leading to immediate termination of employment contract.
Helen’s Insolvency experience includes winding up and bankruptcy applications; appointment of receivers; winding up orders and termination of liquidation; applications to annul/terminate bankruptcies on behalf of the Inspector-General and application to obtain a search warrant pursuant to section 130 Bankruptcy Act.
Helen’s clients include banks and other lenders, insolvency practitioners, insurers, company directors, private businesses, and individuals.
Helen’s approach ensures all her clients receive the perfect balance of tailored and personal service together with the most suitable and effective legal advice.
Away from work Helen enjoys learning French, fiction writing and enjoying time with friends and family.
Qualifications & Memberships
Helen’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University
Helen’s memberships include:
- Law Institute of Victoria