Rohani has extensive experience in:
- Advising on the succession of wealth via asset structuring, trusts, superannuation, and wills
- Establishing and advising on the creation of inter vivos (during life time) and testamentary trusts (after passing)
- Assisting with future planning for people with disabilities via special disability trusts, bespoke protective trusts, and structuring
- Acting as a trustee or administrator to assist with financial decisions and care for vulnerable beneficiaries (including those with disabilities, minor beneficiaries, and those with addiction issues)
- Planning for blended families
- Planning to minimise the risk of will challenges
- Obtaining Grants of Probate, Letters of Administration, and Informal Will applications
- Advising and acting in claims for further provision pursuant to Part IV of the Administration & Probate Act (Will challenges)
- Assisting Executors with the process of Estate administration
- Acting in the role of Executor and Power of Attorney for clients who want an independent professional in this role
Rohani approaches each matter with a focus on the individual circumstances and objectives, and enjoys offering relevant options and practical solutions to complex issues. She enjoys collaborating with financial advisers and accountants to ensure clients are provided with holistic advice.
Rohani is an 'honoured friend' solicitor with the Salvation Army, and also regularly volunteers with Red Cross and Scouts Victoria. She is a member of the International Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV), and has been the vice-president of her local Mornington Peninsula Law Association since 2011.
Prior to completing her law degree, Rohani managed a domestic violence shelter in Chico, California (2001-2004), and has continued her involvement within various areas of her local community through participation on various boards, including Spark Youth Productions, Community Lifestyle Accommodation (disability support), and Monash Youth Mental Health Advisory Board.
- Currently studying her Master of Laws, with a double major in Wills & Estates, and Estate Planning
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Monash University
- Member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Vice-President of the Mornington Peninsula Lawyers’ Association
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Succession Law Executive Committee
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Disability Law Committee