Wills and Estates Lawyer & Family Lawyer
Shabitha joined the Burke & Associates team in 2019. She works predominately in the areas of estate planning, deceased estates, VCAT Appointed Administration as well as family law. She also works in various other areas including litigation and property law.
Prior to working at B&A, Shabitha worked in a suburban law firm whilst undertaking her law degree. She has experience running litigation matters in Courts and Tribunals including VCAT, the Magistrates’ Court, County Court, Supreme Court and Family Court.
The law is her passion. She works hard to find the right solution for her clients in a timely manner ensuring that their current and future needs are met. Shabitha enjoys solving challenging legal issues and provides clear explanations and advice with reference to possible outcomes. She also maintains close working relationships with her clients, referrers and networks.
Outside of the law, Shabitha enjoys spending time with family and friends and being fit and active.
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
- Bachelor of Laws (Australian Catholic University)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Major in Management (Australian Catholic University)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Practical Legal Training – College of Law
- Member of the Law Institute
- Member of the Victorian Women Lawyers
- Member of Southern Lawyers Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia